There many benefits to remodeling your kitchen. However, you won’t be able to reap those benefits if you skimp on a vital aspect: planning. Here are some tips to help you plan better for kitchen remodel.
- Do not overspend. As with any home improvement project, kitchen remodeling is an exciting project that many homeowners end up overspending on. If you want to get the most value out of your investment, learn the current market trends to determine whether a high-end, mid-range, or low-scale remodel makes the most sense. If your goals can be met by a mid-range remodel, there’s really no need for you to spend more for a high-end project.
- Consider your home’s overall theme. No matter how those modern kitchens on Pinterest appeal to you, you have to look at your home and see if the kitchen you’re imagining will complement the rest of your home.
- But also consider the latest trends. Sure, you should not veer too far away from your home’s original theme when redesigning a kitchen, but that doesn’t mean you need to forget about today’s kitchen trends entirely. The key here is proper blending and selection of materials and color themes.
- Retain the plumbing layout. Moving water and gas lines is a lot of work, not to mention expensive. If possible, keep pipe-connected appliances and fixtures where they are even if you replace them with new ones. However, your contractor should still check the pipe and plumbing work to ensure that they are in good condition.
- Save your cabinets. Storage is a vital component of any kitchen. If your kitchen cabinets, shelves and drawers are made of quality wood and are still in working condition, you don’t need to remove and replace them entirely. Refacing or refinishing them might be enough to make them look brand new again.
In the next post, we’ll give you more tips, this time for bathroom remodeling. So, stay tuned!