We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again—every home improvement project needs to be carefully planned for it to be successful and worth your time and investment. To help you plan well for your bathroom remodel, here are some tips:
- Consider upgrades geared towards better safety. If you have elderly loved ones, young children or other family members with physical limitations at home, you might want to consider updates that aim to improve safety. Walk-in tubs, for instance, are safer than traditional bathtubs. You may also need to change the floor tiles and opt for non-slip flooring. Now is also the best time to improve lighting.
- Keep plumbing where it is. While it may make sense to change the layout of the bathroom, you should try to keep plumbing lines where they are. This will help make the remodel project easier and cheaper.
- Avoid trendy updates that may look dated in a few years. A decade or so back, avocado green toilets were all the rage. But now, they are literally a thing of the past. Make it a point to opt for items that are unlikely to go out of style
- Consider suppliers’ time frame for custom items. If you’re ordering custom items like vanities, tiles and lighting fixtures, among others, you should take into consideration the time it will take the suppliers to deliver them. This time frame should be incorporated into your bathroom remodel plan.
- Remodel for efficiency. Take this opportunity to take advantage of today’s water- and energy-efficient bathroom appliances and fixtures. You can get a toilet, shower and faucets that use less water than regular products. You can also invest in water heaters and lighting fixtures that consume less electricity.
Planning home improvement projects such as kitchen and bathroom remodeling can be exciting yet overwhelming as well. But as long as you know the important things to consider and get help from the right professionals, you will be on the right track to achieving that Pinterest-worthy kitchen or bathroom of your dreams.