Kitchen FAQ: How Long Will My Tucson Kitchen Remodel Take?
Regardless of where people live or what kind of kitchen remodeling project they are planning, the number one question they ask when getting started on a kitchen renovation/remodeling project is, “What will this cost?”
But the second most asked (and critical) question is: “How long is this going to take?”
That’s not an insignificant question, since your kitchen is probably the hub and “command center” of your home. Living with your “hub” in turmoil affects everything—and everybody in your home.
Of course there’s not one “correct” answer to the question of how long it’s going to take. The scope of your renovation will play a big role in how long your kitchen is out of commission. Still, it’s helpful to have some idea of what to expect. Here is a rough framework that will help you plan around the inevitable inconvenience. And rest assured—it will be worth it.
Projects & Time Estimates
- Structural changes (i.e. removing or adding a wall or barrel ceiling): Time estimate depends on extent of changes and building type
- Cabinets and appliances delivered and placed in a temporary staging space: 1 day
- Old kitchen's cabinets and appliances removed: 1 day (minimum)
- Mechanical changes (i.e. electrical wiring and plumbing): 2 - 3 days (minimum)
- Painting or other wall decorating: 2 days (minimum)
- Flooring: Depends on material and prep required
- Cabinets: 2-10 days (depending on complexity)
- Install Appliances: 1-2 days
- Countertop: 1 day for fabricator to measure space and order material. Delivery of countertops about 1-3 weeks for laminate,; 2-4 weeks for solid surface; and 2-5 weeks for stone. Then 1 day to install.
- Lighting: 2 days
- Wall faucet(s): 1 day
- Backsplash: 1 - 2 days
- Sink(s): 1 day
- Cooktop: 1 day